06 June 2013

And the Countdown Begins.

Hey lovely muffins!





P.S. I forgot to tell you all in the video that I'm to leave France the 29th of this month... that's so close!

Too close?



...


nah.





But it means I have less than a month to get everything I can out of being abroad that I haven't yet! Which is... nothing I can think of. 



I mean, I traveled a bit around France itself, along with other beautiful countries such as Germany, Austria, Hungary, Ireland, Italy... I mean I think it's safe to say this year abroad was well-utilized and I took every opportunity I could to gain all the amazing experiences that I did.


I think that's a cue to reminisce. 



Remember that time I went to the famous square Piazza San Marco in Venice and let dirty pigeons land on me? Or the time I saw the world's longest bench in Geneva? Or that time I saw a street performer playing "Hallelujah" on a golden harp in Vienna? Or that time I went to the coolest bar in Budapest that looked like a dumpster threw up on it? Or that time I swam in the Rhône? Remember when I got drunk with my friend Caitlin in an Irish pub in Dublin as we sang rebel IRA songs?



Well I sure as hell do. All of it. Like it was yesterday.



And time may pass, but the memory will be crystal clear, even when I'm 64 and it feels like a lifetime ago. I can close my eyes and travel back to what seems like another lifetime, and know my life is what I choose it to be. 


Alright enough cheesy talk.



Doooooooods I'm coming back to freaking America soon! Back to family, friends, late summer nights, camping, river days, and enjoying my last summer before my last year of my undergrad career. It is absolutely crazy how time goes by so quickly. It's like yesterday when I landed on French soil, like the day before that I went of to college to start my freshman year, like last week that I graduated freaking high school. WTF I feel like I'm in a time warp. WHAT IS HAPPENING.




If I learned anything during my year abroad, it's that a lifetime can go by in an instant, so do as much as you possibly can so you can fulfill your duty as a LIVING PERSON. It's seems stupid to say, but fucking sit down and think about it for a sec. 




K, done? 




Good. Now go watch my video!



À bientôt!
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for all the entertainment and insights (life=50 pounds not 21 grams?) you have been giving us from France. Safe flight!

    ReplyDelete